Sunday, July 22, 2012

Authentic Japanese Dishes sold at NP!

Poolside Canteen: Fried-o Sakana Donburi

Hey everybody! Today, I'm going to introduce you to this meal that is definitely worth eating. Why?
The whole set only cost 4 dollar where I can fill my stomach for the rest of my afternoon listening to lectures. Although this is my first time trying, I would say that I like the way they cook their Japanese food as it gives me a taste more like a Chinese Cantonese dish. They serves just the right portion of Japanese rice where hungry people like me would go for it! Their steaming hot rice is topped with some onions and very light brown sauce which I find it special about the taste. Together with three pieces of fried fish and strips of seaweed on top, the meal is pretty simple as the fish is neither too fried nor oily but fresh. Oh and...not forgetting about the miso soup which taste different from what outside usually have. The soup is salty (just like cantonese soups) and has my favourite seaweed inside too but it does balance out the whole course which makes me feels that the miso soup tasted good enough. Moreover, what a Japanese meal without Chawamushi!? That's why I can't miss it. Their Chawamushi is the one that I long waited for from what I had from elsewhere. It simply only consists of crab meat and button mushroom, however, the steamed egg is soft like bean curd! It's like what you usually get from the mixed rice stall steamed egg. But it's nicer in a mini bowl. 
That's all I have and here's my ratings for this delicious meal:
Food-o-meter: 9/10
Mouthfuls: 23
Course: Main/Lunch
Health rating: 9/10
Price: $3 (Sakana Donburi & Soup) + $1 (Chawamushi)



Just telling you that the Japanese Dish stall may have promotion rate like what I had(: Give it a try and tell me what you like about this!
View Larger Map

2 comments:

BEASTSTORY ♡ said...

Looks appetizing . Shall try it next time

ThinKaLots said...

There's offer!!! Thanks for posting this! Shall try it when i go there with friends.

Post a Comment