Sunday, July 29, 2012

Have you had your Mee Rebus today?

Toast Box - 'Mee Rebus'

If you have not try their signature Mee Rebus from Toast Box, go for it today!


My friends and I decided to go to Toast Box located at the Atrium (Block 1), since we have not been there quite a while. I usually had my 'Nasi Lemak' or 'Mee Siam' there. However, this time I go for Mee Rebus!

Just looking at it, the texture of the spicy brown sauce is thick and starchy, topping up with fresh cut chilli, fried onions, parsley, tofu and 1/2 a hard-boiled egg. It looks so tempting that I quickly started mixing all the ingredients up and had my first bite, it's hard to tell how it taste like but it's definitely a bit spicy. The green cut chilli and bean sprouts give the crunchy feeling when I bite it and the noodle was cooked perfectly at the right temperature including the egg. Awesome! And I had a nice brewed 'Teh C' (hot condensed-milk tea).

The queue? It was fast this time round as there were no people in front of the queue and waiting time for my food is always on time. I could say that the staffs there are quite fast and swift while handling quite a few things from what I observed. Some more, the people sitting around were enjoying themselves with the food and environment there (sadly I forget to take pictures around the shop, but I have a stream of toast box photos from flickr below for you). With such a ambiance, my friends and I enjoyed our lunch there! We will even revisit the place because we could always find seats there:)

Food-o-meter: 9/10
Mouthfuls: 19
Course: Main/Lunch
Health rating: 7.5/10
Price: $3.40 (Mee Rebus) + $1.40 (Teh C)


0 comments:

Post a Comment